Associate Director position OPEN!
NCAR IS LOOKING FOR A NEW ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR!!!
If you love data as well as connecting with the national field of arts and culture, then this position may be for you!
Applications are being accepted until January 14, 2016.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR 2 – Date Posted: December 21, 2015 – Job ID: 900896 - Meadows School of the Arts/National Center of Arts Research
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Associate Director will connect the National Center for Arts Research and its research findings to the local and national arts field primarily through online engagement, symposia, conference attendance, presentations and event coordination.
• Create and manage content for owned media (blog, social media, etc.) and manage online engagement and marketing messages and strategies using a regularly updated framework to optimize message effectiveness.
• Manage and maintain NCAR’s online resource center for arts research and thought leadership.
• Engage all external stakeholders proactively, including local and national arts leaders, funders, national arts service organizations, and researchers in the NCAR’s research, findings, and online tools.
• Provide leadership for all external NCAR events, dinners, and symposia.
• Staff liaison for Meadows Executive Board Innovation Committee to identify yearly goals, initiatives, and events that distinguish Meadows nationally.
• Collaborate on all activities with the NCAR Director, the Center’s Research Director, and the Meadows School of the Arts Dean, Marketing and Communications, and Development and External Affairs depts.
• Organize annual symposia related to NCAR findings for local and national arts leaders.
• Research and report regularly on developments made by competing arts research Centers to insure that the NCAR consistently offers a unique contribution.
• Analyze industry-specific data and, with the Center Director and the Center’s Research Director, also create industry-specific reports.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
A minimum of three years of work experience in arts management is required.
Experience in SAS a plus.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Candidate must have a high level of expertise in the management of arts and cultural industries and the current issues and thought permeating the field.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand research in arts management and markets at a high level.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships in the field both locally and nationally, and willingness to coordinate consistently with NCAR Director and relevant Meadows departments, Executive Board, and volunteers.
Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical/critical thinking skills to identify information requirements, as well as review data-driven findings to ascertain meaningful information to communicate to key constituents.
Must also possess a strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy.
Candidate must have a strong working knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
A strong working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook and online discussions and blogs as they relate to marketing strategy is essential.
Candidate must demonstrate strong technical aptitude with digital media.
Occasional travel required to attend national conferences and regional NCAR-related events.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Position must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
Priority consideration may be given to submissions received by January 6, 2016.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: January 14, 2016.
To Apply: Please visit our website www.smu.jobs to access the online application. Click on Staff Career Opportunities and apply to Job ID#: 900896
SMU will not discriminate in any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies and may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601, email@example.com.